- This event has passed.
September General Meeting
September 7, 2022 @ 08:00 - 17:00
Caledonia Legion Branch 154 will be holding a regularly scheduled General Meeting on Wednesday evening, September 21st, at 7:00 PM.
Branch 154 holds six General Meetings each year. If there are insufficient members at a meeting, then that meeting cannot conduct any business and the work of the Legion cannot go on – that happened at our June meeting.
This month’s meeting will have a new format and will not take any longer than one hour. The following items will be brought forward for information of for decision.
- 2021-2022 Financial Statements – information only
- Current financial situation – information only
- Approval of 2022-2023 Budget
- Notice of Motion to Amend Branch Regulations (Note: Changing branch regulations requires a Notice of Motion at one meeting followed by a vote with a two-thirds majority at the next):
- Change quorum from twice the number of Executive Committee members plus one to 5% of membership
- Change General Meeting dates from six (January, March, May, June, September & November) to four (February, May, June and October).
- Authorize expenditures from the Poppy Fund which currently stands at $13,759
- Foreseeable expenditures through 2023, e.g., Elevator maintenance
- Authorize expenditures from the Lottery Fund which currently stands at $7,211
- Prizes for Poster & Literary contest
- Explanation of plans for opening hours from October onwards
Registration begins at 6:30 (up to date membership card required – now would be a good time to renew your membership for 2023 at the “Early Bird” rate of $50!) and pizza will be available following the meeting for those who would like some.
Don’t let your Legion branch be paralyzed because you weren’t at the meeting. We look forward to seeing you all there.
If you have any questions, contact Neil Bell, the Secretary-Treasurer, at email@example.com or by phone at 905-765-6075.