Ladies Auxiliary

Spread the love

The Ladies’ Auxiliary originated during the First World War when women were asked to help wounded Veterans returning home, and to provide supports for their families. When The Royal Canadian Legion was established in 1926, these women were a welcomed addition at Legion Branches as they continued the tradition of volunteering to support needy ex-service personnel, and to enrich the programs and activities of the Branch.  The Ladies’ Auxiliary of Branch 154 was formed in 1950 and assisted the branch for seventy-three years before finally surrendering their charter on 31 May 2023.

Following the Remembrance Day parade in 2021, Mary Hubert, Linda Dunns & Margaret Bernhardt receive Fifty Year Medals while Ruby McWilliams and Joan Kuzmiakas get 45 and 5 year pins.